Ugh, I can’t believe how long it’s been since I’ve visited. I guess I’ve just been in a major slump. I’ve not felt like crocheting anything. Nothing new has caught my eye. I look at yarn and go “meh”. But I do go through these periods every few years maybe I burnt myself out and needed a break.
I did finish the Dachshund afghan in March. I had fun doing it and I think it turned out pretty cute. It’s a paid pattern from Momma’s J.A.M. Pack Crochet Word Charts and is really quite reasonable. Think about counting each little square as you are crocheting. Making sure you change colors in the right spot and are on the right row. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve either tweaked a section because I’ve miscounted or have had to frog back several rows to find where I miscounted a square. This make it so much easier!
I really like borders on these graphgans and did the border using a pattern from Around the Corner Crochet Borders by Edie Eckman, pattern #143. I did have a small problem counting, I just couldn’t get my counts to match up with the pattern so I finally worked it until it looked like her chart. I also learned a valuable lesson. Make sure to use a smaller hook for the border than you did the body. By the time I finished the border was too loose and wavy for my liking.
I also managed to work on some pattern testing in February and finished this Peek-a-Boo Lion Baby Blanket by Darleen Hopkins. It is a bit different and I really enjoyed working on it. The unique part of it was the border was worked as you went along instead of at the end. You do need to know how to carry colors as there were quite a few color changes.
I guess I really should finish up other WIPs and UFOs and get started on the Minion afghan again. I’m going to try my hand at creating a word chart. If all else fails I’ll send it off to Momma’s Jam Pack and ask her to create it for me.