WIP Wednesday – Dachshund blanket

I’m going to admit that I haven’t been doing too much crochet for quite awhile now. My schedule was extremely hectic and I either didn’t have time or was just too darned tired.

I’ve made a couple of changes and will hopefully start working on some new projects and finishing up others.

I’ve been hard at work trying to finish this dachshund graphghan for my son’s girlfriend. Well I didn’t get it done for Christmas or her birthday. I’m hoping I can have it completed within a week or so. Right now I only have the final round of edging and then sewing in 100s and 100s of ends. Yes, I do have ends on both sides. It’s just the way it works out, I don’t take the time to make sure the ends all end up on the same side. Wherever I need to change, I change. I figure what difference does it make, they all have to be sewn in anyway.

right side

Right side with hundreds of ends

I was pretty peeved about my border. I found a border I liked in “Around the Corner Crochet Borders” by Edie Eckman but the written instructions didn’t match the charted instructions and no matter what I did my base border count never matched up. So I went and figured out what I needed to get the result shown in the chart. I thought it would be easier using an established pattern but ended up doing math anyway. But it’s all good and working out fine now.

wrong side

Wrong side with even more ends

I really enjoy doing the word charts but it can get a bit confusing after a bit. I found myself going back over and repeating sections, and then my count would be off at the end of the row making me frog back to the beginning and starting over half the time. I finally got smart and marked off each number/color as I finished instead of the waiting until I had the whole line done. Don’t know why it took so long, guess I’m just a glutton for punishment.


Once this one is done it’s time to go back and work on that darn Minion blanket for my daughter.