I want to thank the lovely kimkiminy for nominating me for these two awards. I think all of us, deep down inside where we don’t like to talk about it, love to receive some sort of recognition for work we have done. Whether it’s a short story, a rant, a craft project or an awesome picture. We blog for a reason and to be recognized in even the smallest way validates what we do.
Some people can say that this isn’t why they blog. It’s not why I started my little blog either, but I will admit that it makes me feel good when someone gives me one of these little awards. It means someone has taken the time to read what I’ve written and they simply want to acknowledge that fact. Too often people are quick to judge, write rude comments, or point out errors in your judgement or writing skills. It seems to be so easy to comment negatively, so getting a positive response to your work is a very pleasant surprise.
So thank you kimkiminy for appreciating my comment on your post asking “how do you hold your knife and fork?.” You’re not weird, just unique.
There are a few rules for these awards. You have to appreciate the meaning behind the rules. Basically they want us to go out there and share other blogs. It’s marketing pure and simple. But it’s a way to get your blog out there.
The rules are as follows:
Display the Award Certificates on your blog.
Announce your win with a post. Make sure you post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers.
Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post.
Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Here are the 15 bloggers I’m nominating. No special reason other than I enjoy their blogs, comments or they have liked a post in my blog.
1. Country Cooking By Lynn
2. Creative Pixie
3. The Grange Range
4. Erica’s Recipes
5. The Fresh Princess of Bel Air
6. The Art of Translation
9. My Northern Cottage View
10. Fashion, Food, and Flirts
11. My Favorite Pastime
12. Sock Monkey’s Kitchen
13. Dandelion Daze
14. Heart Made
15. Susan’s Musings
And finally, 7 interesting (or not so interesting) things about myself, most of it totally uninteresting to anyone I’m sure. I’m pretty boring.
1. I’m a Scorpio and it really does fit me to a T.
2. I spent 22 years in the Army
3. I hate cleaning house and hate yard work even more!
4. I have a brown thumb, no matter how hard I try I can’t keep plants alive
5. I really, really, really hate spiders and snakes.
6. My favorite thing in the whole world is the smell of freshly baked bread and eating it while it is still warm with homemade strawberry jam. Reminds me of my childhood and visiting one of my many great-aunts. She always had fresh bread baking when we visited.
7. I love Christmas and collecting Christmas ornaments from wherever I visit.