I had noticed this award when I first started blogging and honestly thought that no one would ever nominate me for the award, I didn’t think my little ramblings would interest anyone but me. So thank you to Cecilia at The Art of Translation for making my day and nominating me for this award.
So what is the Liebster Award? The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Just knowing that one person finds some kind of meaning out of my blog is simply awesome. Whether they find it humorous, useful or even interesting gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
There are a few rules and here they are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and
link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom
you think are as awesome as you.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. And finally… Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
The 11 questions I had to answer are:
1. Sweet or Bitter? Sweet, always
2. You couldn’t live without… books
3. Where do you live? Pacific Northwest, Washington State
4. Favourite movie? Not an easy question to answer. I honestly don’t have one movie that I find to be my favorite. If I had to pick one it would be all of the Harry Potter movies.
5. Why are you blogging? I love to share things with others. Especially my recipes, although I’ve been seriously slacking in that department of late. I also like to show off my crochet projects and cake decorating endeavors. I won’t lie, I like praise just like anyone else. My family always tells me they love my stuff and I’m so talented, but they have to right? If I hear it from others then I may start believing in myself more.
6. What’s a country you would love to visit? Ireland and/or Scotland
7. Favourite animal? Big cats, especially snow leopards.
8. Is there a place you would never go? India
9. What can’t miss from your kitchen? My mixer!
10. Your best memory? When each one of my three children were born. There is nothing like holding that little life in your hands for the first time. You can never forget that feeling.
11. Your best result in life? Once again I’d have to say my three children. We’ve had our ups and downs but they are some of the sweetest and hardest working kids I know in their age groups.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I love unicorns and fairies
2. I was in the Army for 22 years.
3. I would love to go back to Germany and explore it more, I didn’t take advantage of the time I did spend there and totally regret it.
4. I can curl my tongue
5. I prefer dogs over cats.
6. My favorite dessert is cheesecake
7. I have over 300 cookbooks and recipe booklets
8. I am slightly OCD about my kitchen, everything has a place and it had better be there.
9. My favorite color is blue
10 My favorite authors are Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jude Devereaux, Jayne Ann Krentz ( Amanada Quick/Jayne Castle), Julie Garwood, and shhhh….Sophie Oak
11. I love window shopping. I can wander stores for hours, drives my daughters batty believe it or not. They are hit and run shoppers, go in and get what they want and get back out.
The 11 Blogs I nominated are:
eta: I feel like a newb, I nominated a blog that has a few thousand followers, don’t know what I was looking at the time. I thought it was weird that they had so few followers. But I do enjoy these recipes at A Palatable Pastime. There are probably a few of these others that have more too, I just couldn’t find how many followers they had.
And Finally! The 11 questions my nominees must answer:
1. Country music or Rock and Roll?
2. Introvert or extrovert?
3. Why are you blogging?
4. What’s the one chore you really hate doing?
5. Do you believe that aliens exist?
6. Favorite holiday?
7. Do you enjoy your own company?
8. If you could visit any place in the past present or future, where
and when would it be?
9. If you were an animal, what would it be?
10. What was the best place you ever visited for a vacation?
11. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
Once again thank you Cecilia from The Art of Translation for the honor!